Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Queen of Chilliwack

The Queen of Chilliwack
Pier at Bella Coola
I spent my B.C. Day onboard the ferry, The Queen of Chilliwack.  What a trip down the Inside Passage from Bella Coola to Port Hardy (northern part of Vancouver Island)!  I actually did not see much as I had to remain in the car during the 13 hour voyage.  Every two hours my people were permitted to come down and walk me and check in on me, so most of the photos you see on today's blog are from their perspective.  I was sorry that I missed seeing the white sided dolphins, the humpback whales, the orca whales, the eagles, the puffins, and the sea lions.  The marine life on this trip was fantastic.  About three hours out of Bella Coola the ferry encountered hundreds of Pacific white sided dolphins.  They played in the wake of the boat and gave the passengers quite a show. We even saw lobsters -- no, actually,  those were the passengers at the end of this very sunny voyage, almost all of whom were sunburned.  I was told that you could not resist staying on the deck of the Queen throughout the journey, as there were so many beautiful sights along the way and the marine life so abundant.  My dream is to swim with the dolphins someday.
Farewell, Bella Coola



13 hours in this car!!

BC Ferry employee befriends me

The Inside Passage






Christy Passage and Star Lighthouse


Sunset as we near Port Hardy





















No comments:

Post a Comment