Sunday, July 31, 2011

Good bye Tweedsmuir

Good bye, Tweedsmuir
So sad to be leaving this lovely place, but tomorrow morning we board the ferry to sail to Vancouver Island.  I made the most of my final day in Tweedsmuir Park, however.  I met some new friends from Sicily, Italy who hiked a nice trail with me.  We saw some huge steelhead trout jumping in the river.  We were reminded that bears have the right of way here.  I played some frisbee here on the lawns of the Tweedsmuir Lodge before packing my bags for tomorrow's sailing.  My frisbee flew into the pond and my person had to fish it out with hiking poles.  I was ready to go in after it, but he intervened just in time.  Good bye, Tweedsmuir.  It has been great fun.  Tweedsmuir Park Lodge is a ten star dog rated place!  I really hope we return soon.
Bears have right of way!?
My beloved frisbee is saved
What law?  Why can't dogs come into the lodge?

Bridge at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge

Mi amici -- Carmen and Vito from Italy




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! Looks like Margaux had a wonderful trip. If you'd like to see some of my pics from Golden, my "kiltymcblogpipes.blogspot.com" blog - May - has some photos. My husband was responsible for the blog name ;)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Kim (from the Faculty of Tourism & ORec)

    ReplyDelete