Thursday, July 28, 2011

On The Road Again!!

The Cariboo Chilcotin Coast & Vancouver Island Loop
Squamish--A great town for outdoor recreation
I can't believe it.  We are on the road again.  Never know a trip is on the horizon until I see the suitcases coming out and the frenzy to get the house and garden in order before our departure.  This is going to be quite a road trip.  Started out in Burnaby, traveling through Squamish and Whistler.  Squamish is a great town, and Capilano University has a small campus there that has some very unique programs.  Then on to Lillooet, stopping for the night in Clinton, BC.  I've enclosed a map for your viewing pleasure.  I am calling this the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast - Vancouver Island loop trip.  So far, I can't believe how majestic and beautiful it  is here in this part of the Province.  As soon as you leave Whistler it is like a totally different world from the big city of Vancouver.  It is going to be hard to choose a few photos to share because there are just too many lovely vistas and sights along the way.  But here is my first installment of my latest adventure here in super, natural BC.

Duffy Lake Road between Pemberton & Lillooet--
Am I back in Switzerland? 

We stop for lunch in the car on Duffy Lake Rd.
I check-in at Cariboo Lodge in Clinton


Big spaces at Joffre Lake area just out of Mt. Currie



I love this place (the Cayoosh River).  Do I look happy??
 
We stop to savor Lillooet, a former Gold Rush town
Wild apricots abound around Lillooet





No comments:

Post a Comment