Monday, July 18, 2011

Best Dog Biscuit Recipe

I mentioned earlier today that I love to eat biscuits.  But not just any, old dog biscuits will do.  I have my people make biscuits for me each week.  Here is my favorite dog biscuit recipe.  Let's call it Margaux's Biscuits!

Margaux's Biscuits

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon beef bouillon granuals
1 Tablespoon wheatgerm (optional, but a healthy choice to add)
1/3 cup bacon grease (maybe you could use butter or lard, but I like the bacon grease a lot)
1 egg
1/2 cup cold water


Mix the dry ingredients.  Cut in bacon grease until small clumps form.  Add egg.  Add cold water to make a very stiff dough.
Roll out or pat to about 1/4 inch thick.  Cut into cute shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. 


These biscuits will store for a long time in an air tight container.  Keep them handy on the counter or shelf to toss your dog's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment