Friday, July 29, 2011

Bear Country

Today I am a cowgirl poodle
We have entered bear country.  Saw my first bear yesterday as we drove from Williams Lake to Tatla Lake.  Based on the size and speed of that black bear, I intend to stay far away from bears of any shape or kind as we travel on toward Bella Coola.  Highlights?  I really enjoyed a stop at 108 Mile Ranch to see the heritage village there.  It really made me wonder what life would have been like for a poodle dog in the 1880's here in cowboy country.  We stayed on the Gold Rush Trail for most of the day, stopping in Williams Lake so I could enjoy a walk through Scout Island bird sanctuary.  I saw some beautiful American white pelicans there (not your average pelican).  We finally arrived in the very remote village of Tatla Lake where I enjoyed looking at the distant Coastal Mountain Range and hearing the birds sing as evening fell.  The countryside is truly vast and stunning.  We finish this leg in Chilcotin and head toward Bella Coola today, but with the promise of some hikes along the way.

Barn built in 1906 for 200 Clydesdales at 108 Mile Ranch

In the hay loft of the big barn
I loved lunch at Lac La Hache
I stay here at the Tatla Lake Manor. 
Great people and a dog named Sadie.
View from Tatla Lake.  Mama mia!!
Chasm.  The name of this place says it all.
A poodle could get lost out here.

Che bella!  Near Alexis Creek













No comments:

Post a Comment